Spring 2013 (CRN# 3564)
Welcome to the class introduction page for Career & Life Planning - GUID 1002.
the following information and contact the
instructor, Cindy Shipley, via email (email@example.com)
if you have any questions. You can expect an e-mail response within
48 hours during the
semester. Make sure you use a descriptive subject line for your
e-mail so it doesn't get accidentally deleted as spam.
This course meets online beginning Monday, January 22, 2013 and ending Friday, April 19th.
This class is designed for students who are undecided about their major and for students who are making a vertical or lateral career change. Topics include an overview of life stages, personal and career assessmnet, values clarification to determine career compatibility, educational planning, job search skills, technological changes that will impact the world of work, and the creation of an employment portfolio.
Course Units: 2
Total Hours: 32
Classification of the Course: AA, CSU
Course Grading: Graded
- You can enter the ETUDES online class https://myetudes.org/ portal here.
- Your Etudes User ID will be:
- the first 2 letters of your first name +
- the first 2 letters of your last name +
- the last 5 digits of your Student ID Number
Please be sure to use lower case.
EXAMPLE: John Smith's Etudes User ID would be josm12345 (if his Student ID number was S00012345)
Your password will be:
- Month and Day of birth in the school records, represented by 2 characters each (mmdd)
- EXAMPLE: Birthday is April 11th, 1982 (04 / 11 / 82)
- Password = 0411
You can also find your Etudes login ID in Navigator. Go to the Home tab and it is the first link in the Etudes channel.
- If you experience any difficulties logging in, you can either call 530-938-5515 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will not be able to access the online classroom unless you are officially registered, the semester has officially begun and the instructor has opened the class site.
E-mail is the preferred method of communication.
Office hours: Phone sessions by appointment. E-mails will responded to within 48 hours, except for holidays and other notified times.
The Career Fitness Program: Exercising Your Options, 10th Edition, by Diane Sukiennik, William Bendat & Lisa Raufman, Prentice Hall, c. 2012. ISBN-10: 0132762331
BACK TO TOP