Friday, November 14, 2008
1. The membership of the “Equivalency Committee” will be made up of three tenure track or tenured Faculty members and the VPI.
2. The “Equivalency Committee” will have an elected chair that is a member of the tenure track or tenured Faculty.
3. Effective immediately and in accordance with the latest version of the “Equivalence to the Minimum Qualifications” handbook adopted by the statewide Senate, “equivalency” will be determined primarily by discipline Faculty.
4. In those circumstances when there is not a discipline tenure track or tenured Faculty member on staff to determine “equivalency” for a particular discipline, the Equivalency Committee will make the determination of “equivalency.”
5. The Equivalency Committee will have the mission of reviewing the “equivalency” determination made primarily by discipline Faculty to ensure that it meets all of the recommendations outlined in the latest version of the “Equivalence to the Minimum Qualifications” handbook adopted by the statewide Senate and the latest version of the “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges” and then forward those determinations onto Human Resources.