Accreditation of the Institution
College of the Siskiyous is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by The Commission of Recognition of Post-Secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The ACCJC reaffirmed the accreditation of College of the Siskiyous on July 2, 2012.
The purpose of this website is to organize our accreditation-related activities, to inform the campus and extended communities of our accreditation status, and to provide a repository of all accreditation-related documents.
All documents related to our most recent accreditation cycle are linked in the "Key Accreditation Documents" page, including COS reports to the Commission, evaluation team reports, and responses from the Commission.
The next meeting of the ACCJC is scheduled for June 3-5, 2015, in Oakland. The Public Session of the meeting will be held on June 5 beginning at 1:15 p.m. As per the ACCJC's normal practice, there will be approximately 20 seats available. For more details and the agenda, click this link.
Other Accreditations of Career and Technical Programs
- The Administration of Justice Reserve Peace Officer Programs for PC 832, Level III, and Level II are accredited by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)a.
- The Alcohol Drug/Human Services Program is accredited by the California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors.
- The Fire/Emergency Response Technology Program is approved by the California State Board of Fire Services as an accredited regional academy for the State Fire Marshal’s Office of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
- The Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (CAAHEP) in accordance with Title 22 requirements.
- The Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) program is approved by the State of California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician Examiners. The Registered Nursing (LVN to RN Step-up) program is approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing. The Certified Nursing Assistant Program (CAN), also called the Nurse Assistant Training Program for certification of nursing assistants, is approved by the California Department of Public Health.
Office of Research and Evaluation
BACK TO TOP