Steps to Enroll at COS

Welcome to College of the Siskiyous! To apply and register, complete the following steps.  Note: For K-12 students, there are special requirements outlined on the K-12 Special Admissions page.
 If you are an international student, the steps to take to attend COS are outlined on our International Students page.

1: Apply to attend College of the Siskiyous.  Click on the Navigator button on the right hand side of the COS homepage. Then Select Apply for Admissions. When your application is complete you will immediately receive your COS Student ID. Please keep this number in a safe but obtainable place.

2:  Apply for Financial Aid & Housing.  Every student who intends to complete a degree, certificate of achievement, or transfer should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Financial Aid) regardless of income.  Once a completed FASFA application is on file at COS you can check with a financial aid specialist to see what you may be eligible for .

3: Complete the Math, Reading and Writing Assessments. To determine which classes are right for you, set up an appointment to take your English, reading and math assessments at the Weed or Yreka campuses. You will need your COS Student ID  and a picture ID to take the test. If you take your assessments at another college you will need to have the scores sent or faxed by that college to COS. For more information call 530-938-5353 or visit the Assessment web page.

4:  Attend a SOAR Session: Siskiyous Orientation, Advising and Registration. All new students who plan to earn a degree, certificate or transfer must attend a pre-registration orientation and advising session before registering for classes.  Enroll in a SOAR session by calling 530-938-5353.

5:  Pay for your courses. Fees are due at the time of registration. However, the College gives a grace period every semester. Check the schedule of classes to find what the grace period is for the month. If you are using financial aid to pay for your fees, please do the following:

Step 1 - Log into your Navigator account

Step 2 - Select your student Tab to find your balance due

Step 3 - Select your financial aid tab and select the 11-12 award year to find your award.

Step 4 - If  your  balance is more than your reward then you must pay the difference -  If the reward is more- then you are ok.

 If it turns out that you owe money, you can pay in one of three ways:

 1. Through your Navigator Account.

 2. By phone (530) 938-5310 (Please call by  4p.m.)


 3. By mailing your payment with your COS Student ID to:

College of the Siskiyous
Attention: Business Office
800 College Avenue
Weed CA 96094