MATH 0980 - Intermediate Algebra
Online Course Information
Fall 2019 (Section #7168)
This course is a study of algebra including real numbers, linear equations and inequalities, exponents, factoring, rational expressions, radicals, quadratic equations and functions. Emphasis is placed on manipulating literal equations, absolute value equations and inequalities, complex numbers, and systems of equations. (AA). Prerequisite: MATH 0850 or Qualification by Assessment or MATH 0852 or Qualification by Assessment
My office is located in the Distance Learning Center, Room 9. You can call me or leave a voice mail message at (530) 938-5966 or email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org). In any case I will reply as soon as possible.
- Time Expectations:
Expect to spend approximately ten to twenty hours (10-20) per week over the semester.
You will be required to participate each week.
- It is important to have your book for the START of the class. Please check with the COS bookstore regarding the required textbook.
- Canvas Login
Instructions and tutorials are located at www.siskiyous.edu/online/onlinestudenthelp.htm
Is an online course right for you?
Online courses are more convennt than traditional face-to-face courses, but they are usually more difficult and require more time and effort. You should be comfortable using the internet, managing files on your computer, and have good time management skills. You will need to be ready to go on the first day of class. Also...ie
- You must have a reliable internet connection and a backup plan just in case your first connection is not available.
- You will be participating in class and submitting some assignments as attachments for the games and some as written responses.
- You should know how to use your internet browser program.
- You should review the "Online Survival Guide", which will go over the significant commitment that an online course requires.