PEMA 1030 - Principles of Physical Fitness and Wellness
Online Course Information
Fall 2017 (Section #7532) - 10/16 - 12/14
This course is designed to increase your knowledge in the area of physical fitness and wellness. You will be required to complete the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Assess cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, body composition, and learn to interpret the results according to national physical fitness standards.
- Identify risk factors and contraindications to exercise.
- Understand and apply the principles and guidelines for strength training, cardiovascular training, flexibility training, and body composition.
- Identify the major risk factors that lead to cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
- Analyze and design a personal fitness program suited to individual needs based on personal fitness assessments and fitness goals.
You will be required to participate in website based fitness testing during the session. This will be conducted on your own.
Welcome to PEMA 1030 and I look forward to working with you. You may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on my office phone (530)938-5389.