The Office of Advancement (OA) functions as the link between College of the Siskiyous and the communities it serves. OIA can best be described as the "public face of the institution," operating in three general areas:
- increasing public awareness of the programs and services of the District through marketing and public relations
- the acquisition of institutional grant funds
- fundraising through the College Foundation
A successful institutional advancement program serves its college by helping to advance its mission through the development of private financial support, promotion of public advocacy, and encouragement of community involvement in social and cultural events.
- Public Relations - Is committed to responsible news reporting and media relations. It works to provide accurate and timely information to the media and public to increase public awareness of the programs and services of the District.
- Grants - Assumes a leadership role in the acquisition of grant funds that are used to support core education and academic programs at COS.
- Foundation - Solicits and receives contributions and dispenses funds to assist and support the educational programs and general welfare of COS
- Eagle's Nest Resale Shop - Offers students and the community quality used clothing, household items, and furniture at affordable prices. Funds raised support COS students and campus projects.
- COS Extension - Offers lifelong learning opportunities that stimulate the mind, invigorate the body and cultivate creativity, professional growth, and social connections.
Hours and Contact
8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday (June and July, Monday - Thursday)
Located in Building 95 at the Weed Campus (next to the Science Building and Gym Parking lot)
800 College Avenue
Weed, CA 96094
(530) 938-5373 Phone
(530) 938-5570 Fax
BACK TO TOP