Associate in Science Degree - Geology for Transfer (AS-T)
The Associate in Science Degree in Geology for Transfer will meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to study in a GEOL-related major.
To obtain the Associate in Sciences Degree in GEOL for Transfer students must complete the following requirements with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0:
- The GEOL major requirements below.
- The California State University General Education – Breadth (CSUGE) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements.
- Any needed transferable electives to reach a total of 60 CSU transferable units.
Requirements for the Major
- GEOL 1210 – Physical Geology (4)
- GEOL 1220 – Historical Geology (4)
- CHEM 2000 – General Chemistry I (5)
- CHEM 2100 – General Chemistry II (5)
- MATH 1400 – Calculus and Analytical Geometry I (5)
- MATH 1500 – Calculus and Analytical Geometry II (5)
Total major units: 28
Double counting courses in GE and the major is permissible. Consult
with an advisor or a counselor to plan the courses necessary to achieve
your academic goal.