Go to the Etudes Gateway, https://myetudes.org/, and log in using your user ID and password per the instructions below. Be sure you are familiar with the System Requirements for your computer before you begin your class.
See the current list of Online Courses and click on the link for your class for more information. Check the start date for your class to be sure you are not trying to log in before your course begins. If you are having trouble logging in, see the Getting Assistance section below.
Your Etudes User ID will be:
- the first 2 letters of your first name +
- the first 2 letters of your last name +
- the last 5 digits of your Student ID Number
Please be sure to use lower case.
EXAMPLE: John Smith's Etudes User ID would be josm84852 (if his Student ID number was S00084852)
Your default password will be:
Once you log in you will be prompted to create a new password that is strong, containing at least eight characters, with at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, and one number.
- Month and Day of birth in the school records, represented by 2 characters each (mmdd)
- EXAMPLE: Birthday is April 11th, 1992
- Password = 0411
You can also find your Etudes login ID in Navigator. Log in to Navigator. On the Home tab, it is the first link in the Etudes channel (box with Etudes logo and information). Please note that, if you are a new Etudes student, you cannot log in to Etudes until at least 24 hours after you are registered for a class that uses Etudes. For more information see the Login Problems section of the page.
If you are having trouble logging into Navigator, please see the Getting Started with Navigator FAQ page.
If you experience any difficulty accessing your new Etudes account, please read the information below. If you still cannot get in, contact:
COS Etudes Support
(530) 938-5515 (Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday, 8:00 - 2:00)
Contact COS Etudes Help
Etudes also provides a Student Help page. You will need to go here, for example, if you need to have your Etudes password reset. If your course material is viewing or behaving strangely, be sure you have checked the System Requirements for Etudes to be sure you are using a compatible browser.
Once you have logged into Etudes, you will see the Etudes Dashboard similar to this:
To change your password from here, go to My Workspace and click on Account and Modify Details. If you change your password, make sure you write it down or use one you won't forget.
If you are seeing an error message when you try to log
in, you are entering a user id or password Etudes does not recognize.
If you are a new Etudes user:
If you have logged into Etudes before, and are now getting
an error message, you may have changed your password and are trying
to log in with the old one. To
have your password reset:
- Your account may not have been created yet. Check back the following
morning after you have registered for the course.
- Course rosters may not have been loaded yet for an upcoming semester. This is generally done shortly before the class begins.
- Make sure you are using the letters that match your COS registration
name (William vs. Bill, for example, may cause a problem). You can confirm your Etudes login ID in Navigator. Log in to Navigator. On the Home tab, select the first link in the Etudes channel (box with Etudes logo and information).
- Make sure
you are logging in with a user ID that includes the last five digits of your COS Student ID Number (S000xxxxx). Previous COS Etudes IDs used last five of your SSN. Other Etudes colleges may use a different number.
- Contact your instructor and let him/her know that you are having problems
and what steps you have taken.
- click on the Reset Password link on the Etudes Gateway
and enter your e-mail address. This will send a new password to you
immediately - check your bulk or spam folder if you don't see it in
- If you cannot successfully reset your password that way, go to ' Login and other Help'
from the main Etudes Gateway page. The 5th bullet under Login and Tips is Request to have your account updated.
can then fill out the form and ask for a password
reset as well. This e-mail response may take up to 24 hours.
- Contact your instructor and let him/her know that you
are having problems and what steps you have taken.
- If you need additional assistance, contact Etudes Help or call (530) 938-5515, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
BACK TO TOP