This page is your starting point for staying informed with online teaching at College of the Siskiyous. COS offers support for our online Learning Management Systems, Etudes and Canvas. Please refer to this page for current information as we make our transition in the upcoming year.
If you are teaching for COS you now have access to Canvas. You can log in, look around, migrate your Etudes course material, ask questions, and start learning about the new LMS. There is also training from Instructure, a self-paced course from @ONE, and information on Etudes migration available to you through your Canvas login. If you have not logged in yet, but think you fall into this category, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to gain access. Some additional information can be found on our Canvas FAQs page.
We are required to be off Etudes and entirely on Canvas by the end of the Spring Semester 2017, so now is the time to get started with Canvas! If you are interested in teaching on Canvas, please start preparing your course material in Canvas and let us know at email@example.com that you are interested.
Etudes can be used in online, hybrid, and traditional face-to-face courses. You can use this password-protected environment to present course materials, give tests and exams, collect assignments, have discussions, and post grades. Student rosters for your classes are updated twice daily.
To use Etudes you will need to complete some short trainings provided by Etudes. These two-week trainings are offered several times a year. You are encouraged to view the schedule and register. It is a great introduction to using Etudes and teaching online and will help you create a successful experience for you and your students. Once you have completed the Introduction To Etudes training, you can request course shells for your courses.
Try out the Etudes mobile app on your iPhone or iPad. There's no charge and it allows you to stay in touch with your students by accessing your Etudes classes anywhere, anytime. For details, go to http://etudes.org/platform/intouch/.
Have your students contact the Student Help Desk, (530) 938-5523(530) 938-5523, Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon if...
- They are having trouble logging into their online or web-enhanced course
- They are not seeing the classes within the LMS they think they should have
- They are having trouble getting their password reset
Contact Etudes Admin (firstname.lastname@example.org), if...
- You have questions about your shells or roster loads
- You have questions about how to get Etudes training
- You have questions about what can or cannot be done within Etudes
Contact Canvas Admin (email@example.com) if...
- You are developing a new online course and would like assistance with the structure and organization of the course
- You would like assistance posting material online for your face-to-face class
- You have taught online in the past, but would like to try using a tool or function you have never used before
- You have taught online, but feel your course design or the presentation of your material could be improved