College of the Siskiyous

International Students


Other Resources


Continuing Eligibility

Steps to Re-Enroll

You are responsible for maintaining your F-1 student visa status to continue your studies in the U.S. This section of our website is designed exclusively for our current international students. It includes an overview of the most important immigration regulations affecting F-1 students in the U.S. in the areas of academics, employment, travel, medical insurance, school transfer, driving, maintenance of valid student status, and more.


  • Never drop below 12 units. You must enroll AND maintain a minimum of 12 units each semester (Fall and Spring) with a 2.0 GPA. Note: "W" do not count toward the 12 unit minimum requirement.
  • Have current health insurance on file or you will have a HOLD placed on your mySiskiyous account.
  • Have a current comprehensive student educational plan (SEP) on file with Admissions and Records.
  • Meet with a Counselor or Advisor once a semester. Please call Counseling and Student Support Programs to schedule this appointment.
  • To obtain a California Drivers Licence, please come to our office for a DMV letter.
  • Have a DSO sign page 3 of your SEVIS I-20 if you want to travel outside the U.S.
  • Submit your Acceptance Letter to transfer out to a new school.

Contact International Admissions

International Admission Officer
Phone: (530) 938-5500
Fax: (530) 938-5367
Address: International Admissions, 800 College Avenue, Weed CA 96094

Sevis Resource Library Information