Cal Grants are awarded by the California Student Aid Commission and may be renewed each year. All students who are California residents are encouraged to apply.
Cal Grant A
- Helps low- and middle income students with tuition/fee costs. Grant recipients are selected on the basis of financial need and grade point average.
- If you qualify for a Cal Grant A and want to attend College of the Siskiyous, the Student Aid Commission will hold your award until the transfer to a four-year college, provided that you continue to qualify.
- To be eligible for a new (first time) Cal Grant A, a student may not have completed more than six semesters or nine quarters of college study, and must enroll at least half time.
Cal Grant B
- Awards are based on financial need and are made to entering students, primarily from low-income backgrounds.
- About half of all new Cal Grant B recipients are expected to begin their college education in a public community college. Therefore, the Cal Grant B award for freshmen is usually limited to the non-tuition costs of attending college - help with living expenses, books and supplies, transportation, etc.
- When renewed by sophomores, juniors, and seniors, a Cal Grant B may also cover all or part of tuition/fee costs.
Cal Grant C
- Awards help vocational students with tuition/fee and training costs. Recipients must be enrolled in a vocational program at a community college, an independent college, or a vocational school, and must be in a program of study from four months to two years in length. Contact your high-school counselor or the College of the Siskiyous Financial Aid Office for more information about vocational areas that qualify.
Student Success College Grant (SSCG)
New for 2018-2019 aid year: This program consolidates the Full Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG) and the Community College Completion Grant (CCCG) into one new grant called the Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG).
- Students must be eligible for the Cal Grant B or the Cal Grant C and enroll in 12 or more units each term.
- Students enrolled in 12 – 14.99 units can receive $649 per term, total of $1,298.00 per academic year.
- Students enrolled in 15+ units can receive $2,000 per term, total of $4,000 per academic year.
- Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to remain eligible for the Cal Grant program.
For more information regarding the Student Success Grant, watch this video: https://cccco.financialaidtv.com/play/60629-community-college-student-success-completion-grant/60631-what-community-college-student-success-completion-grant
Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Webgrants 4 Students
California Student Aid Commission
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367