Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible?
All Graduating (2021) Siskiyou County High School Students who meet the eligibility criteria from the following high schools and are California residents:
- Butte Valley High School
- Discovery High School
- Dunsmuir High School
- Etna High School
- Golden Eagle Charter
- Happy Camp High School
- Jefferson High School
- Mattole Valley Charter School (Siskiyou Residents Only)
- Modoc High School
- Mt. Shasta High School
- Tulelake High School
- Weed High School
- Yreka High School
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a Siskiyou or Modoc County resident who will graduate from a Siskiyou County or Modoc County high school in June 2021.
- Apply to College of the Siskiyous via CCCApply.
- Complete the 2021/2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA – https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa) or a 2021/2022 Dream Act Application (AB540 students) and add school code – 001187 (College of the Siskiyous).
- Complete College of the Siskiyous Orientation, Advising, and Registration Process (SOAR).
- Enroll at College of the Siskiyous as a full-time student (12 or more units) for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. For students with
disability accommodation needs, please call (530) 938-5374.
What happens once you submit the application
Once you submit the online application, it is automatically sent to College of the Siskiyous via email. After the application deadline of March 15, 2021 you will receive confirmation that your application has been received.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Promise scholarship covers the cost of a 15 unit max Enrollment & registration fees for the term $715 a semester. This includes
Enrollment Fees ($46/unit) + Health Fee ($20) + Student Center Fee ($5) + ASB Fee ($1). Plus $100 per semester toward your books and supplies.
If my semester tuition/fees are paid through California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW) – what does the scholarship offer?
The Scholarship will cover all Student Fees not covered by the California College Promise Grant, and a $100 per semester book and supply voucher.
When does the Siskiyou Promise take effect?
The Promise will cover Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 registration. Students are eligible to enroll in both semesters after attending an
Contact Siskiyou Promise
Phone: (530) 938-5376