- Payment assistance for child care costs while attending school or school related activities
- Textbooks to supplement the EOPS book voucher
- Course required materials
- Gasoline vouchers
- STAGE bus passes
- Personal support and encouragement to succeed
- Special programs and workshops on parenting, employability, self-esteem, and personal development
- You must first qualify for services from the EOPS program.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be single head of household.
- You must be receiving cash aid through the CalWORKs or TANF programs, either for yourself or on behalf of your children.
- You must have at least one child under 14 years old.
How to Apply?
CARE accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Click to download the application.
- Complete a CARE application (included with EOPS application) and submit to the EOPS/CARE Office in Eddy Hall 3.
- Students must be in the EOPS program to be able to apply for CARE.
- Supply documentation of CalWORKs or TANF eligibility (pick up an agency certification form in the EOPS/CARE Office and have your Human Services worker complete and return the form.)
- Eligible program participants must attend a CARE orientation and sign a Student Agreement Contract before services can be received.
Valerie Roberts - Director/Associate Dean of Student Success
Shannon Eller - Coordinator/Advisor
College of the Siskiyous
EOPS/CARE/FYSP Office, Eddy Hall 3
800 College Avenue
Weed CA 96094
Phone: (530) 938-5309
Fax (530) 938-5379