- Academic Counseling/Advising: Counselors and an EOPS Advisor are available to assist and support EOPS students with academic, financial aid, career and personal concerns while pursuing their academic goals.
- Book Services: EOPS provides book vouchers to assist with the cost of required books.
- Semester Starter Kits: Each program participant receives a semester starter kit that contains several school supplies such as academic calendars, notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, and highlighters among others.
- Calculator and Mini-Recorder Loans: Calculators (standard, scientific and graphics) and mini-recorders may be loaned out for the semester.
- Transportation: STAGE bus passes are available between COS and various towns throughout Siskiyou County. Gas vouchers are also available. These are inteded to assist with the transportation cost between college and home.
- Miscellaneous: Fee payments of PTK membership and commencement fee which includes rental of caps and gowns for graduation will be covered.
- You must be a California resident (have lived in California for at least the past 12 consecutive months).
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more units) when accepted into the program.
- You must have not completed more than 70 degree-applicable units of college level coursework (courses completed at all colleges attended will be considered)
- You must qualify to receive a Board of Governor's Grant (BOGG) fee waiver.
- You must be educationally disadvantaged (ONE of the following must apply):
- You do not qualify for minimum level mathematics, reading or writing courses as required for an Associate Degree at College of the Siskiyous.
- You did not graduate from high school or did not obtain a General Education Diploma (GED)
- You graduated from high school with less than a 2.5 grade point average
- You were previously enrolled in remedial education courses.
How to Apply?
EOPS is now accepting applications for the Spring 2018 semester.
Besides completing and submitting the EOPS application, you must complete the following steps:
- Obtain transcripts of any college(s) attended including College of the Siskiyous before Fall 1990 (if applicable).
Submit a copy of these transcripts with the completed EOPS application.
- Register in 12 or more units.
- Submit a Board of Governor's Enrollment Fee Waiver Application (BOGG) with your registration form when you register for your classes in the Admissions and Records Office (must qualify).
- Complete (recommended) a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit your application to Eddy Hall by mail as early as possible, along with necessary transcripts and a printout of your schedule. Incomplete applications will be mailed back to you.
Eligible program participants must attend an EOPS orientation and sign a Mutual Responsibility Contract before services can be received.
Valerie Roberts - Director/Associate Dean of Student Success
Shannon Eller - Coordinator/Advisor
College of the Siskiyous
EOPS/CARE/FYSP Office, Eddy Hall 3
800 College Avenue
Weed CA 96094
Phone: (530) 938-5309
Fax (530) 938-5379