COS Mountain Logo

COS Mountain LogoHome Class Schedule Apply mySiskiyous Canvas Menu Search

Noncredit Courses

Drafting Tools

Ignite Your Potential with free Noncredit Courses and Certificates at College of the Siskiyous.

Expand your horizons, enhance your employability, and acquire valuable skills through our exciting range of free noncredit courses and certificate programs at College of the Siskiyous. Whether you are looking to boost your workforce skills, explore a new subject, or improve your overall employability, our noncredit courses are tailored to meet your needs.

What Sets Noncredit Courses Apart?

Noncredit courses and programs are specifically designed for students who are eager to gain knowledge, develop job skills, or upgrade their existing skill set. By enrolling in these courses, you will receive a pass or no pass grade without the pressure of them applying toward a degree. Additionally, upon completing the required classes, you have the opportunity to earn a noncredit vocational certificate of completion or competency. Noncredit courses can serve as a steppingstone to credit classes, allowing you to further enhance your skills.

Frequently Asked Questions

Noncredit courses offer a multitude of benefits, including improving English proficiency, increasing literacy skills, building resumes, and paving the way for higher education and better employability.

Noncredit courses are available to everyone. For students under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must complete the Registration Form as well as the K-12 Students Special Admissions Registration form (Esign) (PDF).

With the exception of English as a Second Language, noncredit courses do not require prerequisites or placement tests.

Absolutely! Pre-registration is available online or through our Admissions and Records office. If you have any registration-related inquiries, please call (530) 938-5500 or email

You can access the comprehensive list of noncredit courses we offer in our online course catalog or through the hard copy version.

Unlike credit courses, noncredit courses or programs can be repeated an unlimited number of times without any penalty or additional cost.

Depending on the course, you may be required to purchase specific books or materials. Detailed information about required materials can be found in the course description.

Classes are held at both our Yreka and Weed campuses, with occasional sessions taking place in community spaces. The specific location of each course can be found in the catalog.

Ready to Embark on Your Learning Journey?

For Registration information and options please see the Admissions and Records page

Unlock your potential, acquire new skills, and seize incredible opportunities with our free noncredit courses and certificate programs. Join College of the Siskiyous today!

Contact Continuing Education

Veronica Coots
Director of Noncredit, Community, and Contract Education
Phone: (530) 938-5834