College of the Siskiyous

International Students


Other Resources


International Requirements

Admissions Requirements

To be eligible to be a College of the Siskiyous International Student you must show:

  • Verification of high school completion or its equivalent. Official transcripts of all secondary schools and colleges must be submitted for this purpose.
  • Verification of English proficiency with a score of 470 (paper-based), 150 (computer-based), or 55 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or completion level of 108 at an English Language School, or other English proficiency exam.
  • Evidence of health insurance policy covering international students in the United States.
  • Proof of tuberculin testing results.

Maintaining F-1 Requirements

To continue to be an eligible College of the Siskiyous International Student you must:

  1. Enroll in, attend, and complete a full-time program (a minimum of 12 units) of study each semester and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
  2. Obtain approval of a campus Designated Service Officer (DSO) before adding or dropping a class.
  3. Check in at the beginning of each month with the Admissions Office and complete a monthly check-in form.
  4. Agree to purchase medical insurance. If proof of insurance is not provided before registration, student will not be permitted to register for classes. Here are some links to insurance providers:
  5. Be able to maintain yourself financially for the period of time needed to complete your education at College of the Siskiyous.
  6. Keep your visa and I-20 valid at least 6 months ahead of their expiration dates.
  7. Comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and of College of the Siskiyous to be admitted as an international student.

Contact International Admissions

International Admission Officer
Phone: (530) 938-5500
Fax: (530) 938-5367
Address: International Admissions, 800 College Avenue, Weed CA 96094

Sevis Resource Library Information