Services for Our Community
All residents of Siskiyou County are welcome to use the COS Library. Library staff is happy to help you with your research. All of our materials and online resources may be used for free inside the Library.
Please note that anyone taking Community Education, or Noncredit classes are considered COS students.
The COS Library is currently physically closed and operating online due to the pandemic.
Learn More About Us
Get a Library Card
Use of the Library’s collections and services are free inside the Library. Community members may check out our materials for free using their Siskiyou County Library card. Community members who wish to check out materials directly from us and/or use the Library’s computers and printing services on a regular basis will need to get a COS library card.
- COS Community library cards are for residents of Siskiyou County who 18 or older
- Cards cost $10 (cash or check)
- Cards are active for six months from the date of purchase
- Community members must apply for the card in person; please bring a photo ID and proof of residency in Siskiyou County (such as your driver's license or a recent piece of mail)
- Cards cannot be used to access our databases from off-campus or for interlibrary loan services
Using your Siskiyou County Library card at COS
We are happy to share access to our materials with community members through a great partnership with the Siskiyou County Library (SCL). If you would like to check out our books but do not wish to purchase a card, you can request our materials for free using your SCL library card. You have two options:
- If you make the request with us, we will call the Siskiyou County Library (SCL) to confirm your account before checking out the item to you. Please plan on checkout taking some extra time.
- You may put in your request by visiting your local SCL branch. They will call us to confirm that the book is available and the SCL courier will transport it to your branch for pickup. It may take up to a week to receive your book.
Materials checked out using either method:
- will be checked out on your SCL library card
- will check out for three weeks
- must be renewed through SCL
- can be returned to either the COS Library or any SCL branch
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Contact the Library
College of the Siskiyous Library
800 College Avenue
Weed, CA 96094
Text/Phone: (530) 938-5331
Zoom: Drop-in Hours
Fax: (530) 938-5226