Remote Training Opportunities
A variety of training and professional development training opportunities employees may be interested in completing while working remotely have been identified. If you need to create an account or log-in to access the trainings, that information is provided.
Vision Resource Center
General Information Regarding Vision Resource Center (PDF)
How to Create an Account & Search for Trainings (PDF)
Directions: To view trainings listed below, log into the Vision Resource Center.
- Administrative Professional Foundations (44 minutes)
- Building Resilience (34 minutes)
- Working Remotely (32 minutes)
- Developing Self Awareness (1 hour)
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence (1 hour, 8 minutes)
- Excel Introduction to Formatting (49 minutes)
- Microsoft Teams Essential Training (2 hours, 13 minutes)
- Google Docs Essential Training (1 hour, 36 minutes)
- Leading Projects (2 hours, 16 minutes)
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence (1 hour, 2 minutes)
- Learning LinkedIn (1 hour, 30 minutes)
- Learning Zoom (45 minutes)
- Managing Meetings (1 hour, 39 minutes)
- Managing Teams (1 hour, 11 minutes)
- Managing To-Do Lists (42 minutes)
- Managing Your Calendar For Peak Productivity (1 hour, 7 minutes)
- Success Habits (3 hours, 18 minutes)
- The Key to Good Communication: Your Audience (21 minutes)
Keenan Safe Colleges Trainings
- If you need assistance with log-in information, please go to mySiskiyous, Employee Tab, and scroll down to the Professional Development & Training box. There you will find information on how to access your Safe College's training page.
- Once you are logged in to Keenan Safe Colleges, on the left-hand side of the screen hover over the arrow inside the circle to access options for additional training.
Below we have provided some recommendations for TED talks. If you have a favorite TED talk, please share with HR@siskiyous.edu so we can expand the recommendations.
Website & Directions: Use the links below to watch on TED.com
- All it takes is 10 mindful minutes (10 minutes), Andy Puddicombe
- Color blind or color brave? (13 minutes), Melody Hopson
- How generational stereotypes hold us back at work (12 minutes), Leah George
- How to embrace emotions at work (4 minutes), Liz Fosslien
- How to get serious about diversity and inclusion in the workplace (10 minutes), Janet Stovall
- 10 Ways to have a better conversation (12 mintues), Celeste Headlee
- How to overcome our biases? And, walk boldly toward them. (17 mintues), Verna Myers
- The power of introverts (19 minutes), Susan Cain
- What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness (12 minutes), Robert Waldinger
- What makes us feel good about our work? (20 minutes), Dan Ariely
- Why the best hire may not have been the perfect resume (10 minutes), Regina Hartley
Directions: Follow the links to view on YouTube.com
- 5 Rules to Follow as You Find Your Spark (17 minutes), Simon Sinek
- Food for thought: How your belly controls your brain (13 minutes), Ruairi Robertson, PhD.
- Millennials in the Workplace (15 minutes), Simon Sinek
- Social Intelligence and Leadership (10 minutes), Daniel Goleman, Psychologist
- Think Fast, Talk Smart: Communication Techniques (58 minutes), Matt Abrahams
- Why We Do What We Do (24 minutes), Tony Robbins
- Your personality and your brain (15 minutes), Scott Schwefel