Cal Grants are awarded by the California Student Aid Commission and must be renewed each year. All students who are California residents are encouraged to apply. To apply for Cal Grant, students must fill out their FAFSA or California Dream Act Application no later than March 2 of the award year.
Cal Grant A
- Helps low- and middle income students with tuition/fee costs. Grant recipients are selected on the basis of financial need and grade point average.
- If you qualify for a Cal Grant A and want to attend College of the Siskiyous, the Student Aid Commission will hold your award until the transfer to a four-year college, provided that you continue to qualify.
- To be eligible for a new (first time) Cal Grant A, a student may not have completed more than six semesters or nine quarters of college study, and must enroll at least half time.
Cal Grant B
- Awards are based on financial need and are made to entering students, primarily from low-income backgrounds.
- About half of all new Cal Grant B recipients are expected to begin their college education in a public community college. Therefore, the Cal Grant B award for freshmen is usually limited to the non-tuition costs of attending college - help with living expenses, books and supplies, transportation, etc.
- When renewed by sophomores, juniors, and seniors, a Cal Grant B may also cover all or part of tuition/fee costs.
Cal Grant C
- Awards help vocational students with tuition/fee and training costs. Recipients must be enrolled in a vocational program at a community college, an independent college, or a vocational school, and must be in a program of study from four months to two years in length. Contact your high-school counselor or the College of the Siskiyous Financial Aid Office for more information about vocational areas that qualify.
Student Success College Grant (SSCG)
New for 2018-2019 aid year: This program consolidates the Full Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG) and the Community College Completion Grant (CCCG) into one new grant called the Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG).
- Students must be eligible for the Cal Grant B or the Cal Grant C and enroll in 12 or more units each term.
- Students enrolled in 12 – 14.99 units can receive $1,298 per term, total of $2,596 per academic year.
- Students enrolled in 15+ units can receive $4,000 per term, total of $8,000 per academic year.
- Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to remain eligible for the Cal Grant program.
For more information regarding the Student Success Grant, watch this video: https://cccco.financialaidtv.com/play/60629-community-college-student-success-completion-grant/60631-what-community-college-student-success-completion-grant
Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Webgrants 4 Students
California Student Aid Commission
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367