Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study Grants
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that gives students the opportunity to earn part or all of their financial need by working on campus. Jobs are available as clerks, grounds maintenance persons, custodians, lab assistants, tutors and others. The salary received is at least minimum wage or higher depending on skills required. Students are able to work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session and 28 hours per week during vacation periods.
Federal Work Study Employment Process
- Speak to the department you would like to work for about a job opening.
- Complete a Work Study Verification form.
- Attach verification to your Employment Paperwork and turn in to HR.
- Once you receive your Employment Confirmation email you can start working.
Federal Work Study Employment Conditions
- All students should read and understand the eligibility requirements for all forms of student employment.
- All student employees are advised that they must satisfactorily perform their assigned work according to their job descriptions and under the direction of their work supervisor.
- Student employees must agree to notify work supervisors in advance if they are unable to report for work at their scheduled work hours.
- Supervisors are responsible for turning in time sheets on the scheduled dates and for verifying hours worked with the student.
- Average weekly work hours are not to exceed 20 hours during the semester or 28 during vacation periods.
- Students should not exceed those limits and cannot earn more than the amount authorized.
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (530) 938-5209
Fax: (530) 938-5367