COS Mountain Logo

COS Mountain LogoHome Class Schedule Apply mySiskiyous Canvas Menu Search

Educational Planning

Having a plan of action on how to obtain the degree or certificate that you want is very important to your success and to ensure you take classes you need for your goals. The educational plan answers three questions:

  1. Where you are going? (your goal)
  2. What courses do you need to take to accomplish that goal? (General Education and Major/Certificate requirements)
  3. When will you take those courses?

Who Needs an Educational Plan?

Educational plans are required for any student pursuing a degree or certificate.

Education plans will be mandatory for:

  • All participating student athletes
  • CalWORKS students
  • Student Access Services (SAS) students
  • EOPS students
  • Siskiyou Promise students
  • SSS students

How do I get an Educational Plan

New students will meet with a counselor or advisor during their orientation (SOAR) appointment to set up an abbreviated education plan. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to meet with a counselor or advisor to update an educational plan every year. You can do this by making an appointment, stopping by our office, or by phone after making a phone advising appointment.

It is important to make sure you keep your advisor or counselor informed about changes to your educational plan.

Contact Counseling and Student Support Programs

800 College Ave
Weed, CA 96094
Phone: (530) 938-5353
Fax: (530) 938-5531