COS Mountain Logo

COS Mountain LogoHome Class Schedule Apply mySiskiyous Canvas Menu Search

Evaluation of Transcripts

Associate Degrees & Certificates

  • Students who want to transfer academic credit to College of the Siskiyous from other regionally accredited colleges must send their official transcripts to COS for evaluation. Transcripts from other colleges or universities normally take 1-4 weeks to be received by our office.
  • Regionally accredited courses will be evaluated and used to meet degree requirements and to satisfy prerequisites at College of the Siskiyous. Course outlines and/or syllabi may be requested from the student to facilitate evaluation of some courses.

Official transcripts should be sent directly to:

Admissions and Records
College of the Siskiyous
800 College Avenue
Weed, CA 96094

Transcripts sent electronically must be sent directly to College of the Siskiyous via a designated provider (like Parchment) to be considered official.

Once the transcript(s) have been received, students can submit a Transcript Evaluation Request (Esign) (PDF) to Admissions and Records or emailing it to

International Evaluations

Students who attended an institution outside of the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an international evaluation service. College of the Siskiyous only accepts evaluations completed by the International Education Research Foundation. Evaluations completed through IERF must include a course-by-course analysis report with semester unit equivalencies and a distinction between upper and lower division coursework including letter grades received. In order to use foreign coursework to satisfy College of the Siskiyous degree requirements, students must provide course descriptions translated into the English language. Foreign coursework may not be used for CSUGE or IGETC certification requirements, except for Area 6-Languages Other Than English.


Q. How long will it take to receive the results of my evaluation request?
A. Turnaround times for evaluations are approximately 2-4 weeks after all transcripts have been received. During high volume periods turnaround time may be longer.

Q. How will I be notified of my evaluation results?
A. Your evaluation results will be sent to your student email address, accessible within your mySiskiyous portal. Upon receiving the results of your evaluation, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment to speak with an advisor or counselor to review your evaluation and make plans for degree completion.

Q. What if I cannot access my student email account?
A. For help logging in and accessing your student information, please view our Student Help Desk web page. You can also contact our Student Help Desk at

Q. What if a transfer course is not considered equivalent to a COS course, but I think it satisfies a major or general education area?
A. Course substitutions are permitted on a case-by-case basis. Often, our team will need further documentation on the transfer course in question (i.e. a course syllabus or a course outline of record) to determine suitability for use in a COS program. You should contact a counselor or advisor if you would like to pursue a course substitution or request to modify a requirement.

Q. Will all my grades be evaluated and calculated, even if they do not apply to my chosen major?
A. Every lower division, degree applicable course (and up to 9 units of upper division coursework) completed with a grade of A, B, C, D, F, CR or P will be evaluated. These courses, units, and grades earned will be applied to your goal at COS and will be used for educational planning purposes. Courses with W, NC, NP, I, IP, and RD notations will not be evaluated or counted toward your degree or certificate.

Q. What do you look for when evaluating my transcripts from other colleges and universities?
A. We evaluate coursework from accredited colleges and universities to determine how or if it can be applied to associate degree, certificate of achievement, and/or CSUGE and IGETC requirements. Coursework from California community colleges that have articulation agreements with the UC and CSU systems is evaluated according to those agreements, which are listed on ASSIST. When we evaluate coursework from a CSU or a UC, we look at how each course was applied at the home institution and apply it accordingly at COS. When we evaluate coursework from a private or out-of-state college or university that does not have an articulation agreement with a CSU or UC, we assess the coursework according to the home institution's GE pattern, course-to-course comparison with our own courses, IGETC/CSUGE criteria, or faculty review.

Contact Admissions and Records

Phone: (530) 938-5500
Fax: (530) 938-5367