COS Mountain Logo

COS Mountain LogoHome Class Schedule Apply mySiskiyous Canvas Menu Search

Universal Learning at College of the Siskiyous

Siskiyous Online Program for International Students (SOPI)

Earn an Associate Degree and/or transferable university credits without leaving your home.

Siskiyous Study in the States for International Students (SSSIS)

Take lower division transfer or CTE courses in the U.S. through College of the Siskiyous as an F1 Visa Student.

Siskiyous Study Abroad (VERTO)

Take College of the Siskiyous transferable courses in London, Spain, Italy, Hawaii, Fiji, or Costa Rica.

What is Siskiyous Online Program for International Students?

Without having to leave your country Siskiyous Online Program for International Students (SOPI) offers Associate degrees and university transfer credit online. SOPI provides International Students with the support needed to successfully complete online courses. All of College of the Siskiyous online instructors are online certified and are trained to provide high quality instruction and individualized assistance. After participating in SOPI, International Students, with an F-1 Visa, can choose to apply to Siskiyous to continue their program in person.

Online Associate Degrees:

Transfer Patterns:

Steps to Enroll

  1. Apply (CCC Apply)
  2. Send proof of English Language Proficiency (Verification of English proficiency with a score of 470 (paper-based), 150 (computer-based), or 55 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
  3. Send documentation of Secondary Education Completion
  4. Log into your mySiskiyous account to register and take your courses
  5. Pay for your classes

Siskiyous Study in the States for International Students (SSSIS)

Why choose Siskiyous?

Siskiyous is located at the base of majestic Mount Shasta (elevation 14,162 feet) in far northern California and is widely recognized for its excellent programs in the humanities and arts, the sciences and technology, and in athletics. Siskiyous is also one of only eleven community colleges in California to offer students on-campus student housing.

Study Abroad

College of the Siskiyous is in partnership with Verto Education ( for U.S. students to take classes in London, Spain, Italy, Hawaii, Fiji, or Costa Rica and earn transferable credit from College of the Siskiyous.

Student participating in VERTO through COS Flow Process

Student applies with VERTO - VERTO will grant student conditional admission. To be fully admitted student must receive admission from COS.

Student applies to COS.

Student applies for FAFSA (Optional).

Student registers for their approved VERTO program classes.

Student participates in Study Abroad.

Student returns to COS or transfers to another college/university.