COS Mountain Logo

COS Mountain LogoHome Class Schedule Apply mySiskiyous Canvas Menu Search

Students Frequently Asked Questions

California K-12 Special Admits do not have to pay the $46/unit nor the $17 Health Fee. You are responsible for the following fees:

  • $2.00 ASB Representation Fee
  • $1.00/Unit Student Center Fee (Optional)
  • $1.00/Unit Student Activity Fee (Optional)

Students can take anything from non-credit coursework to General Education and/or Career Technical Education courses. There are also opportunities to take courses at participating high schools. Check with your high school counselor for specific class offerings at your high school.

Each dual enrollment class is a state approved collegiate course, whether it is an academic course or a career technical education course.

Depends on what you take. Courses are numbered the following:

  • 1000 and 2000 Transferable to CSU
  • 900 Degree Applicable to COS and other CCC
  • 500 and 600 Non Credit

Dual Enrollment courses will become part of your official college transcript and be part of your permanent collegiate grade point average, no matter the college you choose to attend. If a dual enrollment class is not going as planned, it is important to know the drop and withdraw dates for these courses.

Any student 8 years old or older can participate in dual enrollment classes. Students under the age of 16 will need special permission from a Counselor to enroll.

Yes. All students currently in high school must fill out the consent form. However, the parental signature is optional.

Dual enrollment students may take up to 11 units during Fall, Spring, and Summer terms and up to 4 units in the Winter Intersession.

Courses offered in the Dual Enrollment program automatically college credit, but your high school will determine if you are able to receive dual credit towards your high school graduation requirements as well. We recommend talking with your high school guidance counselor to get more information about getting high school credit for passing COS courses.

Once you complete the College of the Siskiyous course(s), it will be placed on your permanent College of the Siskiyous transcript. If you are choosing to attend College of the Siskiyous you do not have to request any transcripts, as the course(s) you completed are already in the COS system. If College of the Siskiyous is not your college of choice, once you are admitted to your college of choice, you will need to request official transcripts through your student portal account or a Transcript Request form and have them sent to your new college.

Dual Enrollment courses count as college courses, therefore you are captured in your student's total units attempted and earned along with your grade point average. For students completing courses that apply toward your degree this should have no negative impact on financial aid. However, for students that do not pass courses, earn failing grades, or for those students who change majors multiple times there are more implications. The important thing to keep in mind is that successful completion of college courses in high school helps you graduate faster. If you have specific concerns about financial aid please contact the Financial Aid Office at

You need to submit a COS application. You can either do this online through CCC Apply or by completing an Enrollment/Registration form. Please allow up to 24 hours to process the admissions application. You will receive an email that will contain the COS ID and information on accessing mySiskiyous student portal.

Please contact our Admissions and Records office at (530) 938-5500 or and let them know you submitted a COS online application and have not received the Student ID Number/username through email.

Yes, as a COS student, you will always have the same Student ID Number/username. Whenever you are a returning student, and resubmitting an online application, there is a section where you will be able to enter your Student ID Number/username.

The course grade will be posted on the student's mySiskiyous student portal under "Unofficial Transcript."

If you want to go to COS after completing the dual enrollment program, make sure to re-apply through CCC Apply. Be sure to state that you will be graduating and enter your expected graduation date in the application.

Students can request their unofficial high school transcripts for free, with the high school counselor.

The policy for absences is different for every class. It is up to every professor to determine your attendance policy. If you know ahead of time that you will be absent, discuss this with your professor on the first day of class.

The enrollment capacity of the class depends on the size of the classroom provided by the high school, COS policy, and equipment availability. Every course needs a minimum of 15 enrolled students in order to take place.

When you register for or are waitlisted for a class at COS, you will automatically be provided with a Microsoft Office 365 account for your student email. Your Microsoft Office 365 account offers many other applications and features as well. Please wait 24 hours after registering for this account to be created before trying to access it. Your COS student email account is used for all official communications from the College, so please be sure to check it regularly or have it forwarded to an account you check often. For more information about waitlist, see our Waitlist Procedure page.

Check your COS email frequently. If and when there is an opening in the class the computer system will notify you through your student email.

You will have 24 hours from the time you receive the email to register for the class. If you do not register in this time, your spot will be offered to the next person in line and you will need to get back on the waitlist.

If you are a K-12 Special Admit you are unable to register online. You will need to download an Add/Drop form and send to College of the Siskiyous, Admissions and Records, 800 College Ave, Weed, CA 96094, or email as an attachment to or fax to (530) 938-5367.

If you do not get a notification prior to the first day of class you should go to the class. If you are in an online course you can contact your instructor via email. In either case if the instructor is able to add you, he/she will provide you with an add authorization code to add the course.

Yes, all students including K-12 will be given a student email. Your COS student email address will be your mySiskiyous username, followed by (

Your COS student email is very important. This email account is used for all official communications from the College, so please be sure to check it regularly or have it forwarded to an account you check often.

COS uses Microsoft Office 365 for student email and other web-based Office programs. You can access your Office 365 account by logging into mySiskiyous and clicking the red Mail button in the upper right corner.

If you are accessing your account for the first time, see the instructions on the mySiskiyous support page.

If you cannot find your email address, contact the Student Help Desk with your name, contact information, and either your student ID number or your date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number.

If you do not know your password, click Forgot my password. Enter your COS email under User ID, enter the jumbled characters, then click Next. Choose one of your verification methods, then change your password after following the prompts. If you do not have authentication methods set up, you will need to contact the Student Help Desk with your name, contact information, and either your student ID number or your date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number.

Students will need download an Add/Drop form online, and return the completed form to Admissions and Records. Students should pay close attention to the key dates each term. Dropping a class after the posted Census date will result in a withdrawal ("W") grade on their transcript. More information on grading policies and deadlines can be found on the COS student rights and policies page - AP 5075.

No. K-12 Special Admits can not register online.